Last June 28, in the framework of the 50th session of the UN Human Rights Council/ HRC in Geneva, we held an online side event with important experts on how to achieve and sustain gender parity in the UN Special Procedures.
• Federico Villegas, Permanent Representative of Argentina to the United Nations Office at Geneva and President of the United Nations Human Rights Council.
• Milena Costas, Member of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee, and part of the drafting group on the Committee´s report on gender balance in international bodies.
• Victor Madrigal, Independent Expert on Protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
• Viviana Krsticevic, Member of the GQUAL Campaign Secretariat and Executive Director of the Center for Justice and International Law.
• Lisa Henry, Secretary General at the International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT).
Moderator: Maria Noel Leoni, Director GQUAL Campaign.